Friday 17 October 2014

Lauren Bolton - Draft Digipak and Poster


This is my design for my draft digipak. I have chosen to do a four panel design because I wanted the album to be very minimalistic and get across a kind of 'clean' finish that the other albums I have looked at get across. This is something that I may still develop further and to create a six panel digipak because I feel like for the type of music I am making a music video that it needs a six panel version. However with this just being the draft then I just wanted to get my ideas down before I develop it further. I created a motif throughout both my digipak and magazine advert and that was with the use of the 'eclipse' of the two textured circles. The reason for this 'eclipse' effect is because that is what I named the album so I thought that this was a fitting image to create without actually giving away the album name obviously. The actual CD part of the digipak would also be plain white, however another aspect of this 'eclipse' motif is with the outline of the circle with the paler circle in the middle of that. I am generally quite pleased with the outcome of this CD design and is probably something that I would keep in tact for the final version of my digipak. I have called my record label Earthling Records because I just thought that seemed quite fitting with the style of the digipak and I just thought that it worked rather well. The one major criticism I would have so far is that I think that bar code is too small on reflection, this obviously would be something that I would change for my final version however I don't want it to be too big because I don't want that to overpower the rest of the back cover.
The inside cover is possibly that I will still change because I'm not overly pleased with the outcome. I have used lyrics from our chosen music video song, Arcade Fire's 'My Body is a Cage', and I also added the feature of the band members at the bottom of that and what instruments they play.
Overall I am quite pleased with the start of this digipak, I still have a lot to develop however it is definitely the type of style that I want to be making and I am pleased with the simplicity and effortless of it.



This is my design for my magazine advert, again like my digipak, I have used the motif of the 'eclipse' symbol which I think looks very effective on a advert format. It creates an impact that would catch the eye of the person looking at it, and the reason that I haven't included the band name at all on this is because it is the band's fourth album so they would be well known enough that it would get their original fans excited and also the addition of the QR code in the corner would be for the newer (more curious) fans to find out more information. I didn't want to include much on this advert because it can be very easily over complicated and I like the look of just the motif in the middle with the record label and QR code in the corners. It's exactly the type of look I was going for and I am pleased with the draft version of this advert I have so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment