Monday 24 November 2014

Digipack journey



  1. The first cover of ACDC shown inspired me from the font used on the cover.
  2. The inspiration came from the simplicity of the cover 
  3. I have been experimenting with different texts to see which would suit my raft design best.
  4. This third cover is a well known band i like the use of the colour black and white and also the font used is different to anything already produced.
  5. The arctic monkeys cover inspired me from the plain line that is used across the middle o the cover.
  6. The next three colours are the ones that i chose for my draft, i feel that the green is striking and will strand out.
  7. Again on this cover i like that lines that are used, however these lines create a shape within the cover.
  8. I like the plain text used in the middle of the page.
  9. The three smaller images underneath i like because of the colours used and also the bold fonts.
  10. The Emile Sande cover inspired me because of the focus on the center of the picture and the colour difference.
  11. On the next cover i have chosen i like the contrast of the bole block colour of block and white with one colour that's different to the rest. I feel that a lot of my inspiration will be taken from this for my draft digipack.
  12. The next 4 smaller covers i took the inspiration of the texts used and also the colours of the plain black and white.
  13. My next cover i like the sharpness of the two colours as i feel that they are contrasting to one another.
  14. The next four pictures i have chosen is purely for the colour and the sharpness of them.
  15. This is my first draft of the front cover of my digipack. i have taken inspiration of using one block colour like on the e xample cover however i decided to use green as i feel it stood out more. then i have take the other two colours of black and white which are shown on most of the covers. also i used the lines and took inspiration from a couple of the previous covers. then chose a font that i liked and added it onto the front cover. this is how i came to make my draft cover. from having feedback form my draft I changed my idea as I was told the lines had no meaning and looking back at it now I can agree with this as there was no reason for them to be there, I then continued to research for other cd covers.
  16. I then chose 2 colour palates, again keep the back and white theme throughout my original idea.
  17. The next cover with the black and white with the pink/red writing inspired me because of the use of shapes that were used on the front cover.
  18. the cover with the triangle and colours running through the ,idle inspired me as there was still a black and whit theme, however the bold shape I can also take inspiration from.
  19. Again this next cover I got inspiration from the colour and the different patterns that were used throughout.
  20. The next 2 smaller images I chose because of the block shapes and bold colours, even though one of these isn't in black and whit I can use it as inspiration as the sharpness of the shapes has inspired me.
  21. The next cover I have chosen is very different however I liked the different shapes and lines that were used on the front as it made the cover look random and stand out from others.
  22. The XX cover I have chosen I like because of the simplicity and the plain colour choice, this is how I wish mine to be like in the final digipack.
  23. Again I have looked at a various amounts of fonts that I could use on and throughout my digipack design.
  24. I found this cd cover and immediately loved it as it was bold clear and straight away stood out and appealed to me, I would love to incorporate this into my final design.
  25. And these final 3 covers gave me inspiration from the block shapes used, however I will want to have the colour as my original idea and keep to the black and white theme.
  26. Finally this is the final design that I came up with, I feel that I have taken some aspects of different covers and have made a big improvement from my draft, I think that it looks slick and professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment